- biography -
- biography -
Date of birth
• June 25, 1958, Zagna, Braila, Romania
• Wife - Luminita Becali;
• Children - 3 daughters (Alexandra, Teodora, Cristina)
• Aromanian origin family settled in Southern Dobruja, but obliged to move to the commune of Sacalaz, Timis County, near Timisoara, following the Treaty of Craiova and the population exchange between Bulgaria and Romania. In the 50`s, his family was deported to Baragan area. The family followed its opposition to the Communist regime.
• General Shareholders' Council of the FC Steaua Bucharest.
• President of OEDO (European Organization of Human Rights) – Romania.
• Major Shareholder of „S.C Avicola SA Iasi”.
• Major Shareholder of “Uzina Mecanica Dragasani”.
• President of The New Generation Christian Democratic Party (PNG-CD) beginning with January 10th, 2004. PNG-CD is a right-wing political party, with an european, christian and pragmatic doctrine.
• Party`s Candidate within the presidential elections in November 2004.
Social Activity and Performance
• Fouding member of „The Women Foundation” - 2001
• Chairman of the Executive Board of „ The Women Foundation”
• Founding member of “G. Becali” Christian Foundation - 2004
• Founding member of “George Becali” Foundation - 2006
• Andrei Saguna” Cross – Sibiu- 2006
• The Cross of St. Apostle Andrew – Constanta - 2007
• Rebuilding of hundreds of houses destroyed by the flood in Vadu Rosca, Arbore, Rast.
• Building and restoration of several churches and cathedrals in Suceava, Gorj, Constanta, Bacau, Bistrita, Valcea.
• Building an Orthodox Church in Alexandria (U.S.A.) and consolidation of Romanian Orthodox Church in Athos.
• Social investments in educational sector (scholarships for poor rural students, social scholarships) in order to ensure that all children, including the most vulnerable and marginalized, can grow up in a secure family environment).
• Social protection services (services meant to improve health status, financial support for surgeries abroad).
•Projects for assistance and social reintegration of the underprivileged people
•The improvement of the educational system
•The prevention of the scholar abandons
•"George Becali" students scholar ships awarding
•Helping kindergardens and schools with material in order to provide regular educational activity.
•Health check projects
Initiator and financer of the Humanitarian Campaign "Put an end to the pain by giving and becomingChristians", a campaign dedicated to the people that need financial support in order to be provided with treatments and extremely urgent surgeries for saving their lives. Support for disabled persons: prosthesis, wheelchairs, crutches, as well as medical material and financial support for surgical interventions, consultations, hospitalizations, medicine acquisition.